Business Analyst/Project Manager
Length of contract: 6 months
Overall purpose of role
This Hybrid role will support a large workstream across a Global Group wide Culture Programme. It will involve working with multiple stakeholders across multiple Transaction Cycles within HR, and across the bank more broadly.
- The role holder will work to understand business problems often helping to bridge the gap between business stakeholders and Change & Technology teams
- Create the project plan for the sub-workstream implementation activities
- Support the sub-workstream lead in the tracking and coordination of the implementation activities
- Escalate RAIDS, key decisions into the workstream Project Manager
- Help to document the ideation / problem statement that describes what needs to be done and why – helping to drive alignment and informing the definition and Business objectives
- Define the Business objectives that form the backlog of tasks to be done based on the customer or colleagues needs and journeys. This includes gaining agreement from the relevant stakeholder, iterating throughout the change
- Identify the change which will be required between the envisaged “Target State” and the “Current State” and together with the appropriate Change/Project Manager, develop an appropriate plan to address the change needs. This is likely to include: the design and documentation of existing or new processes and the management or support of tasks relating to organisation or location changes
- Lead and facilitate requirements gathering workshops and process review sessions
- Identify key improvement opportunities in processes and quantify associated business benefits
- Communication to key stakeholders/groups to keep them informed of key changes and potential impact of the project outcome through published status report
- Facilitate negotiation/mediation between different stakeholders to aid decision making process
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
- AVP level demonstrable Project experience, working on business driven initiatives with cross functional delivery impact in Financial Services
- Experience working as a Business Analyst and a Project manager on large scale programmes
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and stakeholder management skills. Able to work with and present to senior stakeholders
- Excellent PC skills, including Excel, PowerPoint and Word, MS Project and Visio skills
- Business Analyst accreditation and Agile preferred
Purpose and Values
Barclays has a single cross-business Purpose for Barclays and five core Values which underpin it.
Our Purpose is helping people achieve their ambitions in the right way. Put simply this is the answer to the question ‘What is Barclays for?’ and it should guide our every action as employees.
We respect and value those we work with, and the contribution that they make.
We act fairly, ethically and openly in all we do.
We put our clients and customers at the centre of what we do.
We use our energy, skills and resources to deliver the best, sustainable results.
We are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.