Business Analyst (HR Optimisation)
Length: 6 Months
About HR Optimisation
Barclays HR purpose is to help make Barclays a great place to work. HR Optimisation contributes to this by supporting the activity required across HR for the function to become simple, efficient and insightful. This includes accountability for the overall change experience for HR colleagues and our clients across the portfolio of HR strategic initiatives.
Overall purpose of role
This Business Analyst role will support a large workstream across a Global Group wide Culture Programme. It will involve working with multiple stakeholders across multiple Transaction Cycles within HR, and across the bank more broadly.
- Identify the change which will be required between the envisaged “Target State” and the “Current State” and together with the appropriate Change/Project Manager, develop an appropriate plan to address the change needs
- Define the Business objectives that form the backlog of tasks to be done based on the customer or colleagues needs and journeys
- Lead and facilitate requirements gathering workshops and process review sessions
- Identify key improvement opportunities in processes and quantify associated business benefits
The person we are looking for
- AVP level demonstrable Project experience, working on business driven initiatives with cross functional delivery impact in Financial Services
- Experience working as a Business Analyst on large scale HR transformation programmes, preferably in Culture and Leadership
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and stakeholder management skills
- Preferably has some project management capability and experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. Where appropriate, and for UK based roles, we will consider requests that the role be based at alternative Barclays’ key UK location from that advertised.