BUK Technical Compliance VP
BUK Technical Compliance, VP
Length: 6 Months
The primary purpose of this role is to act as a leader for the department on the delivery of a new operating model into Barclays UK Compliance, embedding and coordinating the delivery of a new way of working and culture into the organisation, to increase a more effective and productive approach to the management of conduct risk and ii) ensure the management of end to end reporting for all key deliverables produced by the BUK Technical Compliance team.
What will you be doing?
- On behalf of the BUK CCO and/or BUK CMT, support ad-hoc functional or strategic projects, notably the delivery of a new operating model, ways of working and cultural behaviours into Barclays UK
- Support the design, evolution and ensure appropriateness for key management processes as defined by the BUK CCO and/or CMT
- Review following internal functional/ business organisational changes
- Ensure BUK Compliance adherence with the Reporting Technical Standard
- Assist in driving improvements to the escalation of key risks and issues by providing advice and guidance on reporting requirements
- Coordinate and embed principles for internal reporting through a federated responsibility model, acting as a quality assurance check prior to submission to the Barclays UK Chief Compliance Officer
- Proactively identify and escalate potential Conduct and Reputational Risks for escalation through Reporting or other means
- Manage BUK Compliance interactions with key Governance Fora (e.g. BUK Risk Committee, BUK Controls Committee and BUK Board Risk Committee)
- Coordinate and evolve federated action tracking process for the BUK CMT to ensure clear accountabilities and follow up mechanism is in place (including Annual Plan and One Conduct Risk Assessment (OCRA) actions
- Ensure appropriate escalation of themes and issues into key business fora (e.g. Compliance Management Team (CMT), Monthly Business Reviews (MBR)), and that appropriate follow up documentation in place
- On behalf of the BUK CCO, support the departmental communication plan including event and content preparation (e.g. Leadership Offsite, CMT Offsite, Open Forum and Skip Level meetings)
- Ensure that due-process is followed in accordance with the Internal Outsourcing Standard (IOS)
- Support the interface with BX compliance, ensuring our services received are delivered to an appropriate level, and to challenge the SLA to ensure accountabilities and responsibilities to the Barclays UK CCO are appropriate
- Ensure compliance with BCBS239 as it relates to Conduct Risk reporting
What we’re looking for and Key Skills which will help you in the role:
- Naturally inquisitive and quick to assess information in order to assimilate key risks and issues
- Able to exercise judgement and work collaboratively to drive good customer outcomes
- Innovative and a strategic thinker
- Understand of the role of Compliance
- Understand management reporting and governance requirements in a regulated financial services organisation
- Strategic thinker/joining-the-dots/thematic views/bigger picture
- Strong organisational skills, multi-tasking, time management/pressure, email management and prioritization
- Strong interpersonal, influencing and negotiation skills
- Proactive person who challenges processes and looks for improvement (inc. process management and operationalising processes
- Strong written/oral communication skills (ability to write Board and Executive Governance qualitative reports)
Where will you be working?
This role will be based remotely whilst we are taking care to protect our employees, but when it is safe to do so, you will be based in London.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit
for more details.
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. Where appropriate, and for UK based roles, we will consider requests that the role be based at alternative Barclays’ key UK location from that advertised.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the Hiring Manager.
Our dynamic working programme has been set up to help Barclays colleagues achieve an optimal work/life balance. Arrangements we offer range from working at home and changing regular hours to taking career breaks. Our Dynamic Working initiatives support colleagues at all stages of their lives, helping them with parenthood, caring, further studies and hobbies.
If you are interested in applying, please submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.