Banking Relationship Manager
Location: Glasgow or Manchester (remote)
Length of contract: initially 6 months
We are looking for a Banking and Credit Relationship Manager who will be the primary contact for the client and their banking and credit needs and seek to understand further opportunities to discuss investment needs. They will also manage a portfolio of clients invested in a range of Barclays Wealth Banking & Credit products and will be responsible for developing and building the client relationship with Barclays through delivery of a professional service.
- Make regular outbound calls to their portfolio to make relevant judgments, identifying life events that change clients’ objectives (Wealth Management clients)
- Work closely with Internal stakeholders including Regulated Advisors to ensure clients suitability for the product is assessed
- To be a financial coach for clients, demonstrating sound, comprehensive communication and diplomacy skills in order to exchange complex information
- Ensure client interactions are recorded accurately on all applicable systems and will be responsible for responding in a timely and professional manner to client requests
- Contributing to deepening the client relationships through strong communication skills, helping to grow the business and strengthen the Barclays brand in the community
- Strong negotiator with influencing skills to ensure the best service possible
- Preferably financial services experience
- Academic background to include Standard Grade or above (or equivalent) in both Mathematics and English Language
- Strong level of computer literacy and have proficient keyboard skills
- Great communication skills to have specific and relevant conversations
- Excellent PC skills, including Excel, PowerPoint and Word, MS Project
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. Where appropriate, and for UK based roles, we will consider requests that the role be based at alternative Barclays’ key UK location from that advertised.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the Hiring Manager.
Our dynamic working programme has been set up to help Barclays colleagues achieve an optimal work/life balance. Arrangements we offer range from working at home and changing regular hours to taking career breaks. Our Dynamic Working initiatives support colleagues at all stages of their lives, helping them with parenthood, caring, further studies and hobbies.