Automation Test Analyst
Automation Test Analyst (FX)
About Pre-Trade Markets Technology
Pre-Trade Markets Tech is made up of 1,000+ colleagues and technologists globally across UK, US, India, Czech Republic, Singapore, Japan, and Hong Kong.
We are responsible for designing, building, deploying, and supporting all of the technology solutions required for the Markets front office trading as well as solutions for Sales, Research, and Banking. We cover all asset classes including Credit, Equities, FX, and Rates. We partner closely with the heads of the business in order to deliver market leading platforms to meet our clients’ needs.
Overall purpose of role:
- BARX FX is an eCommerce application for FX Algorithmic Pricing and Trade Capture.
- The application covers multiple assets within BARX including FX Cash, FX Options and MM.
- The QA Team within BARX FX plays a critical role in ensuring the quality of software being released to production is of a very high standard.
- The QA Team is responsible for the development, maintenance, and execution of test suites developed using a Java based test framework.
- Develop exceptional, robust tests that will play a central role in the continuous integration pipeline. A zero tolerance approach to flaky tests is required.
- Work closely with the development teams to contribute and take responsibility of the test design and execution in various phases of the project lifecycle.
- Contribute to the wider QA team, bringing forward new ideas and taking accountability for improvements to the test framework and processes.
- Participate in agile sprints, and use automated and exploratory test case design in an agile development environment.
- Working closely with other testers to provide support, mentoring and guidance to help design and build maintainable automated test suites.
- Strong automation testing experience in a complex area (does not have to be FX or Banking).
- Exceptional development skills including Java
- Good knowledge of standard development and build tools, e.g. GIT, TeamCity etc.
- Experience with Unix and Relational databases
- Experience with continuous delivery and automation, and understanding of application containerisation.
- Investment banking experience, ideally working on a front office trading application.
- Experience with e-commerce systems.
- Experience gained in Foreign Exchange Cash & Options and/or Money Markets.
Barclays is a British universal bank. It is diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Barclays businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by its service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything Barclays does is shaped by its five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The Barclays values inform the foundations of its relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how Barclays measure and reward the performance of colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Barclays aims to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to Barclays vision and goals.
Barclays is currently operating in a hybrid working environment, meaning that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the details of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
As a contract employee of Randstad Sourceright, you’ll receive a wide range of financial and personal benefits. There’s enrollment in a pension plan (after 12 weeks on assignment) and holiday pay. You’ll also get 24/7 access to an Employee Assistance Programme, designed to help you deal with any problems that could be affecting your home or work life. Plus, there’s discounts at heaps of high street shops, restaurants and entertainment - from Asda to Zizzi Italian restaurants.