Application Monitoring Engineer
Length: 6 months
·Global Technology Infrastructure Services (further referenced to as GTIS) is a team of approximately 4,300 colleagues based in EMEA, US and APAC. We are accountable for delivering and supporting resilient, secure infrastructure technology and services to customers, clients and colleagues.
· GTIS is a central team of engineers, which develops and support IT infrastructure of the bank. Barclays Collaboration services (BCS), Barclays Hosting Services (BHS), and Barclays Foundation Services (BFS) are the functional verticals within GTIS.
·This is your opportunity to be part of a team that intends to revolutionise IT infrastructure within Barclays and the banking industry.
What will you be doing?
· As part of the UIM Transformation and Operational Intelligence project the engineer needs to assist with,
• Migration of Windows monitoring from SCOM to UIM
• Migration of monitoring for Microsoft systems such as SQL Servers, AD, Skype, Exchange, Citrix etc from SCOM to UIM
• Deliver UIM QoS capability to collect performance metrics from servers and feed it into the DX Operational Intelligence platforms for analytics
• Closely work with other platform teams and operations team to gather requirements, build monitoring, coordinate testing and successfully deliver it into production.
What we’re looking for:
· Experience in any of the below monitoring technologies.
• IT Event Management tools such as IBM Netcool, Nagios and CA SOI.
• APM tools such as DX APM/Wily or AppDynamics.
• Infrastructure Monitoring tools such as CA UIM/Nimbus, SCOM and HP OV/OMI.
· Strong Scripting skills (Perl/Shell).
· Strong SQL skills (MS SQL & Oracle).
Skills that will help you in the role:
· Strong understanding of the UIM/Nimbus infrastructure and IT infrastructure monitoring.
· Experience of building UIM Nimbus Hubs. Experience of investigating and resolving issues with Nimbus robots and probes.
· Experience with Nimbus packages and their deployment.
· Have worked on projects to migrate servers to UIM from a different monitoring solution.
· Experience in migration of large number of servers from one monitoring solution to the other.
Where will you be working?
Based in our Knutsford office,
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. Where appropriate, and for UK based roles, we will consider requests that the role be based at alternative Barclays’ key UK location from that advertised.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the Hiring Manager.
Our dynamic working programme has been set up to help Barclays colleagues achieve an optimal work/life balance. Arrangements we offer range from working at home and changing regular hours to taking career breaks. Our Dynamic Working initiatives support colleagues at all stages of their lives, helping them with parenthood, caring, further studies and hobbies.
If you have any further questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss further