APM Developer (Servicenow)
ServiceNow Senior Developer
Overall purpose of role
The ServiceNow Senior Developer is responsible to design and development/implementation of ServiceNow’s solutions and provide technical & architectural guidance to high performing peers. This role will work with the IT Service Management leadership, IT service owners, process owners and various service delivery groups to develop technical solutions that satisfy the business needs of the bank to a high quality.
• Provide architectural and design oversight to ensure all solutions are fit for purpose and use.
• Design/Build technical solutions based on client's needs and process requirements
• Deliver solutions using Agile software development processes
• Understand the current “as is processes” and deliver toolset changes based on upcoming process changes
• Customisation or development of enhancement requests for existing ITSM/ITOM tools and processes
• Take care of end to end development activities for a specific enhancement or project as an individual contributor
• Work closely with BA’s, Architects, Testing team and process teams
• Identify areas of process and tooling improvement and provide solutions to ensure tool is protected in process, security and performance aspects
• Ensure gaps are clearly identified and reported to BA/stake holders
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
Exposure to the follow key modules in ServiceNow is required:
• Orchestration (Preferable, not essential)
• Service (Request) Catalog
Demonstrable experience in following Technical concepts of ServiceNow is MUST
- ServiceNow web services and APIs
- Workflow Configuration
- Working knowledge of relational databases
Barclays is a British universal bank. It is diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Barclays businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by its service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything Barclays does is shaped by its five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The Barclays values inform the foundations of its relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how Barclays measure and reward the performance of colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Barclays aims to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to Barclays vision and goals.
Barclays is currently operating in a hybrid working environment, meaning that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the details of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
As a contract employee of Randstad Sourceright, you’ll receive a wide range of financial and personal benefits. There’s enrollment in a pension plan (after 12 weeks on assignment) and holiday pay. You’ll also get 24/7 access to an Employee Assistance Programme, designed to help you deal with any problems that could be affecting your home or work life. Plus, there’s discounts at heaps of high street shops, restaurants and entertainment - from Asda to Zizzi Italian restaurants.