ALM Controls & Governance AVP
Start date: As soon as possible
Length of contract: 6 months initially
Location: London (2-3 days at the office)
The Asset and Liability Management (‘ALM’) team is responsible for identifying and managing all interest rate risk in the Banking Book (‘IRRBB’) across the Barclays Group. We are looking for a ALM Controls and Governance AVP on a contract basis who will be for responsible for the management and oversight of the control processes that support the identification, measurement and management of the interest rate risk in the banking books and the transfer pricing processes across the Group.
- Liaising with the various business segments and the Quantitative Analytics (QA) modelling team to implement new, or improve existing, behavioural models both for use in IRRBB and TP
- Playing a key role in ensuring all ALM models remain within model governance including managing the validation of the models with the IVU team in Model Risk Management
- Helping ALM to develop and implement enhanced modelling, standards and governance to ensure we meet the regulatory requirements
- Documenting the existing book of work to ensure complete capture of the existing deliverables
- Ensuring Balance Sheet Management systems are fit for purpose and in compliance with model risk policy
- Making critical prioritisation decisions to manage an ever-changing book of work with a broad and diverse set of stakeholders, as well as a strong sense of when additional support or escalation is required
- Previous ALM or Treasury experience with working knowledge of IRRBB systems advantageous
- Understanding of the Balance Sheet Risk in a bank or building society and the products offered across both customer and investment banking
- Knowledge & experience of working with Model Governance and Control frameworks
- Experienced in management of multiple stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
Where will you be working?
Interested and want to know more about Barclays?
Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Barclays is a British universal bank. They are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Their businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by their service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Everything Barclays does is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Their values inform the foundations of their relationships with customers, clients, employees and contractors.
Barclays aims to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in being themselves, feel included and empowered to add value.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. Where appropriate, and for UK based roles, we will consider requests that the role be based at alternative Barclays’ key UK location from that advertised.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager.