Admin Assistant (Portfolio Management)
Admin Assistant (Portfolio Management)
Length: 6 months
Working hours: 9-5 PM
About the role:
At an analyst level, the role holder will work with the Portfolio Managers and Relationship Managers to deliver world class client service.
The role holder will support the Discretionary Portfolio Managers, working with Wealth Managers and their assistants in servicing discretionary portfolios
What will you be doing?
- Updating Change of investment mandates and application of product offering guidelines
- Answering factual queries from key stakeholders on all aspects of portfolio admin and setup.
- Ad-hoc administrative tasks On-going review of manual processes, consider risks and recommend potential solutions within support team
- Become a business champion for the DPM London team ensuring stakeholders internal and external see you as a GOTO person within the business for portfolio support.
- Open new portfolio’s groups using the portfolio opening tool, in line with the Investment Management Mandate and appropriate SOIO form
- Processes Cash withdrawal, inputting simulated cash withdrawals and proposing portfolio trades to raise cash.
- Undertake daily oversight checking including Batch reports, debit balances, CASS requirements, daily bargain reports.
- Ensure ISA portfolios are subscribed to annual subscription and provide data intelligence to Portfolio managers
- Manage Deceased portfolio ensuring adherence to department and company procedures.
- CRW Rule creation and Maintenance
- Adhere to the portfolio Discount process ensuring portfolio discounts are Sign-off and Approval where required in the department and the portfolios are updated to reflect the new agreed fee rate.
- Build relationships and act as an ambassador for DPM when liaising with Servco for administration queries
What we’re looking for:
- Financial services background is advantageous
- Excellent time management skills
- Interest in portfolio management
- The candidate should demonstrate a good knowledge of financial markets instruments, portfolio construction, risk management
- Multi-cultural working experience a plus
- Good control of Excel
- Good communication skills: liaising across multiple internal teams is a necessity.
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Managerial experience: This is not a requirement of the role. Previous experience and demonstrable success in working in an area with team targets and an ability to mentor and coach to develop talent within the organisation will be viewed positively.
- Academic and professional qualifications: Educated to GCSE / A Level standard.
Where will you be working?LondonInterested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
About BarclaysBarclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Our Values Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Our DiversityWe aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our BenefitsOur customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. Where appropriate, and for UK based roles, we will consider requests that the role be based at alternative Barclays’ key UK location from that advertised.
Dynamic workingWe’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.