Treasury Product Control Alteryx Designer
Overall Purpose of Role:
The purpose of Treasury is to balance the supply and demand of money and capital to create sustainable value. Treasury Product Control are a trusted partner balancing commercial strategy with prudential constraints and a dynamic, efficient and open team of diverse talent. We provide specialist financial support to Barclays Treasury, this includes:
• Controlling and reporting on the transactions that Treasury undertake internally and externally
• Providing management information to Treasury to enable them to manage risks and financial decisions
• Partner the desk and key stakeholders to deliver key infrastructure initiatives
Work with the global team to deliver key process enhancements and achieve the goal of improving controls and accounting and MI reporting through Alteryx design builds – specifically reducing the dependency on current Excel based solutions. Treasury Product Control processes include daily P&L production and reconciliations, balance sheet substantiation and forecasting and planning analytics.
• Coordinating with Product Control team to determine process requirements
• Participate in the full project life cycle including technical analysis, design, data analysis and mapping, development and testing
• Design and develop workflows in Alteryx / Python / SQL with high efficiency and fast turnaround time
• Developing re-usable macro components
• Ensure adherence to functional architecture strategy and compliance to company development standards
• Perform end to end Data validation
• Prepare technical specifications and documentation for Alteryx /Python workflows
• Ability to communicate and synthesize technical and business information to technical and non-technical stakeholders.
Risk and Control Objective:
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
• Highly motivated individual with experience in data analytics
• Experience in delivering innovative and efficient process design solutions
• Ability to communicate effectively and understand process flows quickly
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
• Hands-on skills and experience in Alteryx Designer, Alteryx Server, and the tools with Alteryx such as Predictive, Parsing, and Transforms
• Ability to integrate multiple data sources into single platform
• The role requires experience with SQL and knowledge of database principles.
• Strong analytical, problem solving, and troubleshooting abilities.
• Good understanding of unit testing, software change management, and software release management
• Having Banking Finance experience is an added advantage
• Ability to collaborate on projects and work independently when required
• Experienced with MS office application (Excel, Access, Word, PPT, etc.)
• Be Self Motivated and Proactive to take initiative and improve the end product.
• Work well within the team and portray high standards of team work
• Ask questions and challenge status quo. Do not assume that every current practice is the best practice. Question and satisfy yourself with the reasons for doing certain things in a certain way.
• Excellent communication and inter-personal skills
Desirable skills/Preferred Qualifications:
• Alteryx certification
• Business analytics experience
• Experience in Product Control processes preferred
• Master / Bachelor's degree
Where will you be working?
Interested and want to know more about Barclays?
Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Barclays is a British universal bank. They are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Their businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by their service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Everything Barclays does is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Their values inform the foundations of their relationships with customers, clients, employees and contractors.
Barclays aims to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in being themselves, feel included and empowered to add value.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager.