FX Java Developer
Start date: As soon as possible
Length of contract: 6 months initially
FIC Electronic Trading Technology is responsible for the development and support of the front office applications and systems that are used to support the Macro business globally. Systems supported are a combination of In-house development and vendor applications, using a variety of technologies. The eFIC team is comprised of over 200 staff in London, New York, Tokyo, Singapore, Glasgow, Prague and Pune.
BATS (Barclays Analytical Trading Systems) is our cross-asset platform for algorithmic trading across FX, Rates and Credit.
Overall purpose of role
Join the BATS FX team as a senior Java developer working to enhance our low-latency FX algorithmic trading platform. Working closely with the FX quant and eTrading desks, you will be building and maintaining primarily Java services which include market connectivity, pricing, risk management and order execution. Knowledge of low-latency programming techniques, appreciation of mechanical sympathy and a drive to solve complex problems will be key to success in this position.
- Develop solutions to problems both tactical and strategic as the business require it.
- Provide estimates for tasks, including design, development and testing.
- The candidate is expected to be able to propose solutions to complex problems that are in keeping with the existing system architecture.
- Where an expedited solution is necessary, the candidate should be able to analyse the situation and deliver rapid resolutions.
- The candidate will understand the impact of any change when defining solutions and build this into estimates.
- Excellent Java programming skills with focus on core Java technology.
- Front office banking experience.
- Knowledge of KDB
- Full lifecycle development of at least 1 large commercial system, with ideal candidate focusing on significant development of high-frequency trading or pricing systems.
- Experience of modern requirements for security, encryption, cyber threats and how to go about security systems to meet those requirements.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays?
Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Barclays is a British universal bank. They are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Their businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by their service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Everything Barclays does is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Their values inform the foundations of their relationships with customers, clients, employees and contractors.
Barclays aims to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in being themselves, feel included and empowered to add value.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. Where appropriate, and for UK based roles, we will consider requests that the role be based at alternative Barclays’ key UK location from that advertised.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager.