Customer Service Associate
Customer Service Associate
- Location: Northampton, NN4 7SG (hybrid: partly office-based)
- Duration: 6 months (initially).
- Pay rate: £12.81/hour
- Hours/week: 35 hours per week. Provisional Hours as per brief information**
- **Working pattern will fall between Monday to Friday 8am-4pm or 9am-5pm
No previous banking knowledge is needed. You can apply from retail, hospitality, travel or any customer related industry. Your integrity, communication and empathy is what Barclays is looking for.
- Experience in delivering exceptional customer/client interactions in a professional and caring manner
- Ability to break down complex issues and assimilate a wide range of information to fully understand cause, impact and solution
- Excellent planning and organisational skills with a strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Interact with customers/clients on their terms, in an engaging way that demonstrates open-mindedness, actively listening and being genuinely curious, flexing your style to reflect customer preferences
- Investigate customer/client queries, concerns and complaints whilst withholding judgement, using the conversation cycle and role modelling mutual respect. Utilise all resources to assess and evaluate situations at pace.
- Create exceptional customer/client experiences by being professional, caring and taking ownership when delivering outcomes and keeping promises. Identify and select accountable language (verbally and in writing) that will make any experience feel easier for a customer
Barclays is a British universal bank. It is diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Barclays businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by its service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything Barclays does is shaped by its five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The Barclays values inform the foundations of its relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how Barclays measure and reward the performance of colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Barclays aims to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to Barclays vision and goals.
Barclays is currently operating in a hybrid working environment, meaning that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the details of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
As a contract employee of Randstad Sourceright, you’ll receive a wide range of financial and personal benefits. There’s enrollment in a pension plan (after 12 weeks on assignment) and holiday pay. You’ll also get 24/7 access to an Employee Assistance Programme, designed to help you deal with any problems that could be affecting your home or work life. Plus, there’s discounts at heaps of high street shops, restaurants and entertainment - from Asda to Zizzi Italian restaurants.