Customer Service Associate
No previous banking knowledge is needed. You can apply from the retail, hospitality, travel or any customer related industry. Your integrity, communication and empathy is what we are looking for.
Barclays Bank is looking for Customer Service Associate to join their team to provide an exceptional customer experience. You will be helping customers to achieve their ambitions and meet their day to day banking needs.
This is an amazing opportunity to polish professional skills and help create moments that deeply matter to customers. One connection built, one problem solved, one relationship at a time.
Length of contract: 6 months initially, PAYE only
Hours and working pattern: 35 hours**
Core hours: 8am-5pm
**Working pattern will fall between Monday to Friday 8am-4pm or 9am-5pm
Location: Northampton, NN4 7SG
Role type: hybrid**
** One day in the office, 4 days at home initially and as restrictions are lifting 2 days in the office, 3 days at home
- Experience in delivering exceptional customer/client interactions in a professional and caring manner
- Ability to break down complex issues and assimilate a wide range of information to fully understand cause, impact and solution
- Excellent planning and organisational skills with a strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Interact with customers/clients on their terms, in an engaging way that demonstrates open-mindedness, actively listening and being genuinely curious, flexing your style to reflect customer preferences
- Investigate customer/client queries, concerns and complaints whilst withholding judgement, using the conversation cycle and role modelling mutual respect. Utilise all resources to assess and evaluate situations at pace.
- Create exceptional customer/client experiences by being professional, caring and taking ownership when delivering outcomes and keeping promises. Identify and select accountable language (verbally and in writing) that will make any experience feel easier for a customer
Where will you be working?
From home and from the office in Northampton. Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. Where appropriate, and for UK based roles, we will consider requests that the role be based at alternative Barclays’ key UK location from that advertised.