Business Payments Partner
Length: 2 months
Overall purpose of role:
The role holder is responsible for supporting GDMS (Group Data Management Standard) driven Data Management activities such as critical data identification, data ownership engagement, data lineage, data quality, data architecture and communications, and training activities for Data Domain(s) within Barclaycard Payments. The key areas are:
- Support the vision and strategy for data management and data governance within Barclaycard Payments.
- Promote effective Barclaycard Payments Data Governance Forums Framework.
- Work closely with Data Domain/Sub Domain owners and their teams to understand their business strategies and help align the Barclaycard Payments CDO delivery by ensuring we have an emphasis on the quality of the data necessary to underpin these.
- Partner the business to identify new critical data elements as relevant for the business and ensure that the corresponding Data controls for them adhere to the group data standards. Ensure appropriate interlocks for those data elements are maintained with other group teams.
- Ensure effective Data Quality rules are identified with appropriate with sustainable thresholds to continuously measure the DQ standards
- Ensure effective Business Data Lineage is defined with appropriate controls
- Maintain a robust and sustainable Data management framework aligned to the Group Data Management Policy and Standards and Enterprise Risk Management Framework to deliver key Business Data driven objectives / use cases.
- Support the Business to drive the remediation of critical risks and issues risks identified as part of the Meta-data & Data Quality work streams related to the domains under Barclaycard Payments
Manage plans for data lineage management and execution by data domains and for the overall work package.
- Maintain interaction of Barclaycard Payments senior stakeholders and leads in relevant internal and external initiatives within Barclays.
- Identify and review material changes to Data Artefacts (Data Lineage, Metadata Definitions, Authoritative Data Sources and Data Privacy Rules and Data Records) performed by the Data Management function.
- Provide effective and informed challenge of Data Artefacts population and maintenance.
- Provide effective and informed challenge of the content within inputs into Governance Artefacts including.
- Governance Forum Materials and RAIDs from Barclaycard Payments and other Business Unit or Functions’
- Industry experience in Data Management or Governance functions and where possible experience in setting up or transforming a Data Management or Governance function
- Functional experience in Change Management, Project Management and Data Analysis
- Excellent understanding of data concepts and experience in data management capabilities including Data Lineage, Data Definitions, Data Quality Management, Data Quality Reporting, Issue Management and Issue Remediation.
- Experience in shaping and driving scoping and prioritisation discussions where possible specifically in data elements or attributes based on criticality or materiality
- Good understanding of and or experience in other data related capabilities including Data Architecture,
- Data Analytics, Data Modelling, Self-Assessment, Policy Assurance, Quality Assurance and Control Testing
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- A proven track record of building strong and effective relationships with senior stakeholders.
- Excels at conflict resolution and decision making.
- Experience working with colleagues spread across multiple global locations
Barclays is a British universal bank. It is diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Barclays businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by its service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything Barclays does is shaped by its five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The Barclays values inform the foundations of its relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how Barclays measure and reward the performance of colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Barclays aims to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to Barclays vision and goals.
Barclays is currently operating in a hybrid working environment, meaning that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the details of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
As a contract employee of Randstad Sourceright, you’ll receive a wide range of financial and personal benefits. There’s enrolment in a pension plan (after 12 weeks on assignment) and holiday pay. You’ll also get 24/7 access to an Employee Assistance Programme, designed to help you deal with any problems that could be affecting your home or work life. Plus, there’s discounts at heaps of high street shops, restaurants and entertainment - from Asda to Zizzi Italian restaurants.